TRI to keep it WILD - Raising funds for Nature Conservancy of Canada

Friday, January 29, 2010

Quilting Exchange

At the local quilt shop I got these "cinnamon sticks" which are two pieces of fabric (one dark and one light batik in this case) with half-square triangle paper. You sew and cut a set (makes 28 2" squares) and take them back to the store. Then you get back the same number you turned in, but you get a mix of fabrics sewn by other people. Otherwise you'd have 28 of the exact same one.







Oops, I forgot to take a picture of what the squares look like.

It was fun not to have to do so much careful cutting and measuring. I'm not too confident about my pinning skills, but otherwise it seemed pretty easy. These squares will come out way better than if I had made them the old fashioned way, I hope!

Let's see... what can I make with 84 little squares (I took 3 sticks) ...

No comments: