TRI to keep it WILD - Raising funds for Nature Conservancy of Canada

Monday, October 15, 2012

Acorn People

Aunt Barb tucked these little guys in our bag for the trip home from Ontario after Thanksgiving at Gran and Gramps' house. Tee hee....




Wish I had some of those crazy long green California acorns to make a scary acorn monster family to go with these guys!

When we got home, we took a drive to do some apple picking on the coldest day we've had out here so far. Brrrrr!!!!!!!!! Do you like our technique?


We ended up with a peck of apples. That's about 40% of an almost-two-year-old, weight-wise.

I also finally finished off the binding on my Totally Groovy quilt. Yay!!! Now, where to hang it (if at all) and should I wash it? I like the crinkly look, but I don't know if it would be cool with this design. And Scott said it already looks wrinkly. As long as he doesn't say I look wrinkly!!!! :)



And finally, for a good time, may I recommend scraping the popcorn off your 80's basement ceiling? It actually comes off easily, but makes a lot of dust and mess. Quite satisfying overall, though. There's just a bit more to do. When the weather gets cold for real, we can focus on getting this room in the basement in shape. Scott does the work, I have to admit, and I just make myself anxious about it.




Get a load o' those awesome track lights. They are rad.

No comments: