Sweeeet! Our stuff is supposed to arrive tomorrow morning. Luckily it's supposed to be relatively warm, but unluckily it's supposed to rain too. The thought that someone else is going to lug all the boxes and furniture up and into our apartment makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm going to do my best in directing the boxes either upstairs or in the basement so we don't have to carry a bunch of stuff up or down. We'll see how well the boxes got labeled.
Top ten things I've really been missing:
1. coffee maker and/or one-cup coffee filter holder dripper thing
2. more books to read to the girl - the five or so we have are getting REAL old after 3 weeks
3. kitchen knives and cutting board
4. bed, pillow, blankets
5. my ten-year-old super amazing slippers
6. my exercise clothes and sneakers (oops, got packed by the movers by mistake)
7. high chair - baby dinner time is a messy explosion every night
8. any chair or couch
9. my sewing machine so I can fix the curtains we've been left with, make some bibs, and be crafty
10. pots and pans and kitchen gadgets
but really, you need amazingly few things to get along for the most part.
And.... I think we're going to have a CAR next weekend. Woo! It's not totally in the bag yet, but we've been working on this for weeks (mostly Scott has). One of the first things I'll do is take it to the grocery store and buy a bunch of liquid stuff, just because I won't have to carry it home in my arms :)
In the meantime, this is how we roll when it's not too wet or windy outside. Covered in fleece from head to toe.